Monday, September 21, 2009

Much better

Just a quick update since I know people are checking on us frequently. Julia had a much better night. She slept from 6pm to 2:30am straight, which was wonderful. She has dozed on and off since then and is irritable but much less agitated than yesterday. She keeps asking for different things to drink but doesn't actually want to drink anything. I think she is looking for some way to comfort herself. I am so relieved that this is our last day with the grids in!

I haven't seen any seizures since she woke up so fingers crossed they're being controlled now. Dr. Asano will begin the motor and sensory mapping at 9:30 this morning and we'll get an update on the results from the surgical conference sometime this afternoon as well as a time for surgery tomorrow. Tomorrow! Feels really good to say that.

I have appreciated all the wonderful comments, especially from those who have been in our shoes. I spent a good amount of time reading Jackson's story, a sweet little guy from Houston who had his surgery done here last year. I was sorry to read that he also had a difficult time during this stage but relieved to see we are not alone. You hear from the doctors that this stuff is normal but it really sinks in when you hear about other stories.

I will update later tonight after we hear from all of Julia's doctors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, we have been thinking of Julia! And of course you and Michael. Stay strong. XX

The Beatys

sarah e designs said...

Huge hugs to you Lisa!!
The Meachams

Jane Yeater said...

Lisa, I am friends with your Mom and Aunt Evelyn down in McAllen. I have kept up and prayed for Julia's positive progress for sometime now. Please know that we continue to pray for her as well as your family that all goes well. God Bless....

Ang. said...

Yes, we are checking on you frequently...some may say obsessively. I'm so glad Julia got some sleep! Praying that today is a good day for all of you.

Love,

ang.

Helen said...

I am an obsessive checker of the blog also... glad I have company. Praying today is positive and Julia is restful. Praying for the doctors to have the wisdom and direction to cure Julia. We love all of you. Give Julia our love.

blogzilly said...

Hoping for great news from the mapping and conference!