Sunday, September 13, 2009

The surgery

It's finally here...the week of Julia's surgery. On September 18th, Julia will have the first of a two-part epilepsy surgery at Children's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit. Michael and I will be with her around the clock for the next few days until she has the second part done on September 22nd. This will be the place to look for updates and more information...cell phones don't work very well in the hospital and it will be nice to only have to give out the information once. We are not looking forward to the process but are very hopeful for a good outcome and the end of seizures. We'll be driving up to Detroit on the 17th and will check in to the hospital the morning of the 18th. Please keep our little girl in your thoughts and prayers.

8 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

Wishing the best for Julia.

Allison said...

Well wishes to JuJu and you too! Thanks for keeping us updated, I will be thinking of you guys all week. Big hugs to sweet Julia from us. We LOVE you guys!

Maude the Broad said...

I know Julia will do great (and so will you!) Thanks for taking such good care of my sweet niece! LOVE U!

Michelle said...

Give our sweet girl kisses from Grandma. I will be thinking of all of you every moment. Wish I was there.....

Love, Mom

Danielle said...

Our little guy is scheduled with Dr. C's team next month.

I know how you felt before...and don't let myself imagine how you must now.

But there are lots of people out there cheering for you guys...and praying for you!

((((hugs))))

...danielle

sarah e designs said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers Lisa!!

blogzilly said...

Try to keep up with your blogging as much as you can, it does help a lot during the process, especially to stay linked in to those people, even those of us who are complete strangers who you only know from online. They (we) can offer so much needed support and encouragement during the surgical days...I know I got a lot out of it.

Julia is going to be in my thoughts a lot this week. A lot...

Ang. said...

We're sending all of our love to the bravest little girl in the world...and to her brave mom and dad too!