Saturday, September 19, 2009

Night Owl

It's 3am. I got some sleep from about 10-2 and then came back to the PICU to relieve Michael. Julia's doing well...so far no seizures. She has never really had seizures after coming out of anesthesia and hasn't had any deep sleep yet which is usually what triggers them. She's still off all anti-epileptic drugs so I'm sure by later today we'll see something.

She's been running fever and the nurses say that can be normal. Tylenol has been helping to bring it down but it hasn't gone completely away. Her blood pressure, urine output, breathing and ICP (intra-cranial pressure) are all good so they're not worried about the fever at this point. She is not happy...and it's very hard to see her like this and know that we've got at least 7 more days of it. I have to keep reminding myself why we are doing this because it's easy to forget when all you want to do is scoop her up and take her home. She likes to hold my hand and have me right beside her which I'm happy to do.

We should be out of PICU by noon tomorrow and in a regular room. Will update then!

5 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

Lisa I am so glad to hear Julia's first night went well. A relief I am sure! Austin reached for his dog after anesthesia too. When we have hospital stays his doggy gets a gown and head wrap too :)

Thanks for stopping over to my blog and I think our firstgiving site. When we walk we'll be holding all our IS friends near to our hearts. Hope Julia does well today. I will keep checking in.

Helen said...

Praying for a good day!

blogzilly said...

Glad to know things are going well. Yeah 7 days can feel like a year. We were lucky to avoid the grid part, so for us it was shorter. But heck even 5 days can seem like a year! :)

Good luck today with everything.

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are going well. Patricia and I will be thinking of you.

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Great to hear that things are going as well as can be expected. It was SO hard for me not to be able to just scoop Sophie up and hold her. She was such a snugglebug before surgery. I missed that. But soon enough you will be able to hold her again. Keep focusing on the big picture.